Our commitment to Haringey’s Racial Equity Pledge
Our Equality Objectives
In order to further support pupils, raise standards and ensure inclusive teaching, we have set the following objectives:
• To monitor and analyse pupil achievement by race, gender and disability and act on any trends or patterns in the data that require additional support for pupils.
• To raise levels of attainment in core subjects for vulnerable learners.
• To review levels of parental and pupil engagement in learning and school life, across all activities to ensure equity and fairness in access and engagement.
• Ensure the staffing team reflects the diverse community which we serve and provides all children with positive role models. Undertake an analysis of recruitment data and trends with regard to race, gender and disability after each recruitment and report on this to the governing body. Increase the representation of teachers from local black and minority ethnic communities
• Train all members of staff and governors involved in recruitment and selection on equal opportunities and non-discrimination each academic year
• Job adverts, application forms and information improved to help address the under-representation of people with disabilities in the school workforce
• Ensure that the Parent School Association includes the diverse community that the school serves.
• To ensure that all children are attaining in line with national expectations.
• To ensure that all children have access to appropriate extra-curricular activities.
• To listen to children and parents about the type of activities they would like and do our best to provide them.
Explore Key Information